How to Open and View .DBK Files
Download .DBK File Opener
|Description:||Regcure Pro© File Utility|
|Operating System:||Windows 8, Windows 7, Vista, XP|
Disclaimer: The Windows Registry will be scanned and repaired by the Regcure Pro© File Utility. This software will remove damaged registry entries and repair file association errors. The scan and repair process will take approximately 2 minutes. Error-Fix.com is an authorized distributor of Regcure Pro. Support can also be provided by the manufacturer.
Regcure Pro© File Utility fixes errors including:
"Windows cannot open this file"
"File Extension .DBK does not have a program associated with it"
Misc file association errors
Download / Scan Instructions:
- Click here to download Regcure Pro© File Utility
- Click "Run" ("Save As" if using Firefox)
- Click "Run" Again
- Follow on-screen directions for installation and scan
Why is the "File Extension .DBK" Error Happening?
The first time that you run a program it should automatically configure a number of settings on your computer. One of these settings is associating File Extension .DBK with the appropriate program. However, a few different problems can occur. It is possible that the installer did not correctly associate File Extension .DBK when it was run. It is also possible that it was told not to change file associations.
Additionally, another program at a later date might have cleared or changed the file associations, leading to File Extension .DBK error. If the file type was not appropriately associated, it might be caused by the security settings on the computer being too high. No matter what caused the issue in the first place, it can be solved easily.
This guide will take you through a step by step process that will allow you to manually associate File Extension .DBK with the appropriate program thus allowing the files to be opened.
Please note that these steps are geared towards users of Internet Explorer. Other browsers will have similar menus and instructions, but the exact steps may differ slightly.
Option 1: Automatic Repair (Novice User)
- Download Regcure Pro©.
- Install the program and then click Scan.
- The program will finish in approximately 2 minutes after your registry
is scanned and repaired.
- Restart your computer.
- You will now be able to open .DBK files without errors.
Option 2: Manual Repair (Advanced Users)
If you are getting a File Extension .DBK - unknown file type error, you will need to manually associate the File Extension .DBK file with the correct program. The exact instructions for doing this are presented below, with a few assumptions. The steps below are provided for the Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7 operating systems.
Associating File Extension .DBK in Windows XP
- Click the start button in the corner of your screen.
- Click "Control Panel" to access the Windows Control Panel.
- Locate and select the "Folder Options" setting in the control panel.
- Click over to the "File Types" tab and scroll down the list. On this list somewhere you should find the .DBK file type in the left-hand column.
- Click the .DBK file type and then click the "Change..." button below.
- An "Open With" dialog box will appear. Scroll through the provided list until you locate the correct program and click it. Make sure that the box marked "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file" is checked. Click OK. See below if the correct program does not appear in the list.
- Click close and exit the Control Panel. The .DBK file type should now open with the properly associated and correct program.
If the proper program does not appear in the available programs list, you will need to download Regcure Pro to automatically find the correct program.
Associating File Extension .DBK in Windows Vista or Windows 7
- Click on the start button (Windows logo) on the taskbar.
- Click "Control Panel" to open the new Windows control Panel.
- If you are in default view, click "Programs" and then "Default Programs." If you are in classic view, click "Default Programs" directly.
- Click the option labeled "Associate a file type or protocol with a program."
- In the resulting list of file types, make sure it is sorted by name and scroll until you locate the .DBK file type.
- Click on the .DBK file type to highlight it and then click the "Change Program..." option above.
- In the resulting "Open With..." dialog box, scroll until you locate the correct program. Click on that program. Make sure that the "Always use selected program to open this kind of file" dialog box is checked. See below if the correct program is not an option in the programs list.
- Click OK to select that program, and then click OK again to close out of the file associations window. You will now be able to open File Extension .DBK without errors.
Is Your Computer Slowing Down?
There are a lot of reasons that your computer might not be performing like it used to. Because the problem often has several different causes, it used to be tough (and expensive) to fix. You’d have to buy a number of separate programs to resolve each issue – but those days are behind us now that Regcure Pro is available. This is a sophisticated software suite which includes everything you need to optimize your computer.
Get Like New Performance With Regcure Pro
Regcure Pro offers computer users all of the tools that they need, whether you want to optimize your system just a little or do a complete system tune up to get truly peak performance from your PC. Regcure Pro’s Startup Manager allows you to increase your startup speed and free up system resources. It also allows you to adjust other settings to improve your PC’s speed – and that’s just one of the many tools included in this advanced system optimization suite.
Instantly Speed Up Your PC Now!
Regcure Pro has solutions for all of your Windows performance problems. It can scan, analyze and optimize your system’s memory use, find and remove unnecessary files cluttering your hard drive and clean your registry to resolve and prevent errors. Regcure Pro can even improve your browsing speed and protect your privacy online by clearing your web browser’s history and cache.
Regcure Pro Features:
- Optimizes memory usage
- Stops malware processes in their tracks
- Finds duplicate files, temporary files and other clutter to save disk space
- Lets you manage your start-up processes for faster boot times
- Optimizes windows settings to increase speed and performance
- Cleans the registry to prevent and eliminate errors
- Fixes Windows Vista problems
- Increases your browsing speed and protects your privacy by cleaning browsing history and cache in your web browser
- Fix and open file extension .DBK